The Penn State Media Association fosters relationships across the Penn State community for the purpose of connecting students, alumni, professors, and friends passionate about creating and promoting a more robust cultural environment through media. The mission is realized through specific areas of focus:
- Advancing interdisciplinary media literary and skills among students through both mentorship and grant opportunities;
- Providing alumni of Penn State curricular and extracurricular media organizations a means for fellowship across a range of activities;
- Serving as a voice to Penn State student, faculty, and administrative bodies for comprehensive and holistic solutions for supporting student media endeavors;
- Advocating collaborative alumni development efforts to better support diverse student media endeavors.
A central component of the Penn State Media Association’s continuing strategic plan is to establish, build, and maintain permanent endowments to address the financial and operational needs of student media organizations.
- These endowments should exist through the Penn State Alumni Association (PSAA) and/or Centre Foundation and their proceeds should be disbursed by the PSMA Board of Directors;
- Endowment fundraising plans will be reviewed and revised as needed.
Constitution & Bylaws
The Penn State Media Association’s Constitution & Bylaws were crafted in 2005 and revised by the Board of Directors in 2009 and 2014.
Board of Directors
- Tom Shakely, President
- Chris Buchignani, Vice President
- Kevin Horne, Treasurer
- John Raynar, Secretary
- Jeff Ecker
- Mike Gogel
- Sean Clark
- Michael Gogel (2009-11)
- Brandon Peach (2011-14)
- Robert K. Zimmerman (Founder)