The Penn State Media Alumni Interest Group fosters relationships across the Penn State community for the purpose of connecting students, alumni, professors, and friends passionate about creating and promoting a more robust cultural environment through media. The mission is realized through specific areas of focus:
- Advancing interdisciplinary media literary and skills among students through both mentorship and grant opportunities;
- Providing alumni of Penn State curricular and extracurricular media organizations a means for fellowship across a range of activities;
- Serving as a voice to Penn State student, faculty, and administrative bodies for comprehensive and holistic solutions for supporting student media endeavors;
- Advocating collaborative alumni development efforts to better support diverse student media endeavors.
A central component of the Penn State Media Alumni Interest Group’s continuing strategic plan is to establish, build, and maintain permanent endowments to address the financial and operational needs of student media organizations.
- These endowments should exist through the Penn State Alumni Association (PSAA) and/or Centre Foundation and their proceeds should be disbursed by the PSMA Board of Directors;
- Endowment fundraising plans will be reviewed and revised as needed.
Constitution & Bylaws
The Penn State Media Alumni Interest Group’s Constitution & Bylaws were crafted in 2005 and revised by the Board of Directors in 2009 and 2014.
Board of Directors
- Tom Shakely, President
- Chris Buchignani, Vice President
- Kevin Horne, Treasurer
- John Raynar, Secretary
- Jeff Ecker
- Mike Gogel
- Sean Clark
- Michael Gogel (2009-11)
- Brandon Peach (2011-14)
- Robert K. Zimmerman (Founder)